Monday, March 24, 2008

Asian Arch


Thanks to Nancy for letting me host this challenge.
The image is from Dover, I think, and I used tape tomake it 3D by
repeating key parts of the image. I also added some gold glitter glue
to the already decorated paper. Finally,
I added some leather paper to the instrument kit
to give it some texture.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for being hostess this week Linda! I love the theme you selected! your arch is gorgeous - especially love the deep purple background it sets the beautiful image off perfectly!

Sandy said...

Wow this is a wonderful arch. Absolutely nice. Love it.

Femmy said...

beautiful arch!!

caroline said...

love this,and simply enchanted by all your work..will be back

xc

Anonymous said...

Its beautiful!!

Tova said...

Love your composition and thanks for this great theme !!

vintage wil said...

this is so beautiful!!!!

Jacqueline said...

I love the image with the umbrella, gorgeous colours... just wondering what she is carrying?
Thanks for being hostess Linda!

Kris Dickinson said...

This is a favorite theme of mine as well..you created a gorgeous arch. Thanks for hosting this week!

~*~Patty S said...

Linda your arch is stunning! You really did give the piece depth even on the scan, I can only imagine how much more in person. It's really lovely! thank you for a fun challenge!

carylsrealm said...

Lovely arch! Thanks for being the hostess!

Bertiebo said...

Thank you, Linda. I liked the idea and your ATC so much that I made my first Gothic Arch

Bertiebo said...

Forgot to tell: you can't find me at bertie's but it's the only possibility to react. Bettie
www.bertiebo.punt.nl

Judy said...

Thanks for choosing a wonderful theme, Linda, your arch is awesome!
JudyNZ

Christa said...

Love what you did, nice colors too!

Barbara said...

I love the specks of gold glitter. Great image. Thanks for the challenge.

*jean* said...

Lovely!!

filetta said...

Wonderful idea this challenge ! and your arch is wonderful !

Frieda Oxenham said...

Thanks for our theme this week and you've made a splendid arch for your theme!

liannallama said...

oh, Asian! My favorite! Your arch is outstanding! I love this one!

Janny said...

Really beautiful!

Dymphie said...

Wonderful arch Linda. Love the image you used.

Sue McGettigan said...

Love this one Linda - the sense of movement, the colors, and the great layering - gorgeous!