Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Family Arch: She Kept Them in Her Heart


These are my entries for this week's challenge on Gothic Arch Challenge.
I wanted to do it digitally and had some trouble getting the arch shape, but
I like it better. It's the one on the bottom.
Then I did a similar one with paper. It's the top one.
Which one do you like better?

30 comments:

craftygallinda said...

So pretty! I love the pinks. Great job.
http://www.craftygallinda.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Wow...the colours are so beautiful in this.
Great Job.

Sue McGettigan said...

I can't believe the one on the bottom is digital - that stitching and lace look real!! That would make it my favorite, although they are both great!

Anne said...

Oh Gosh! I can't decide!! They're both really beautiful!

Nellie said...

Very special! Love the colours and the creative idea

Dymphie said...

Gorgeous Linda! Both have so much gorgeous items to look at. I can't choose...

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

I really like them both. Love the heart -- especially the stitched one.

Planète said...

really beautiful interpretation !

Angelina said...

I love the idea of the image in the heart... Like them both! They are the same but yet so different... I can't choose!

gaby braun said...

Wonderful colorrs and design!

Everydaythings said...

wow you clever person!! I like both off course but the one best..the bottom one, wow how did you do it so well???Impressed here!

Deborah March said...

These are delightful Linda...you digi Queen you!

Paula Whittaker said...

great concept/idea...love them both!

Lisa Renéa said...

Linda, I can't choose. Honestly, I think they are both lovely. I really like the heart photo and all the sewn edges!

stamp and scrape said...

Both are beautiful, but I prefer the pinkier paper one. I admire that anyone can do this digitally, though!
Ros

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful!!!!!I love your arch!!!!!

Barbara said...

So clever with the family brouch. Lovely work.

Cora said...

Beautiful work!

Carol Q said...

I like both but I particularly like the way you use the blanket stitch.

Sija said...

Gorgeous work! Can't choose

Rika said...

Beautiful!!

Babsarella said...

I think they both ROCK!!! You really have a gift with the digital work (as well as the paper)too...I find the digital creating so challenging and get frustrated quite a bit. Love the great image you used!!!

Hermine said...

Both are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Both are beautiful but I prefer colours of the second.Great work
pat

Kaz said...

OOOOOOOOO gorgeous entry, I love the bottom one best, but both are fab.

Gillian .... said...

Both are wonderful, love the stitched one:)

Jacqueline said...

These are great, so nostalgic!

Godelieve said...

Amazing how "real" your digital Arch looks! They are both beautiful!

alice k. said...

Both are nice, but I prefer the lower one. The layout is clean, I guess mostly because of how text is placed, and somehow it looks more "finished". Would never have thought that was digital, though! You could have fooled me!

Anonymous said...

Linda
these are both GORGEOUS! what a fantastic compostion! I love the colors, details and photo! amazing arches!