Wednesday, August 22, 2007

How I make a digital ATC

I had a lot of questions on how I do this. First of all, I collected some kits and embellishments from different digital scrapbooking stores. Lots of them have freebies and that really helped.

I don't have Photoshop because my computer is too old to run it properly. I use the software that came with my Canon printer. All you need is a program that lets you do different layers. Print Shop or Print Artist type programs usually will do it.

I start by making a blank template to the size I want: 2.5 x 3.5 inches. Then I put on the background. I just open the paper I want to use, copy it and paste it. (I'm not sure where the paper came from.)

Next layer I cut out a piece from the black paper before adding it to the background. Copy and paste. The black paper was from a collection of Ashalee's that she gave me as a birthday present. Next layer was the ribbon, so the baby would sit on top of it. I cropped it before putting it on the other layers. Copy and paste.

Next was the baby--already cropped for me, so I just put her down. Her wings were next and that is the same thing. Last detail was a little butterfly which I might have purchased in another kit. So, let's see...that was 7 layers. Not bad. Next you save it as a jpg file and you're done. Ready for copying and sending.

I don't know if this makes any sense. Feel free to ask me questions at mjmoyes@comcast.net

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you so much Linda for posting this. the atc's I have been seeing are just fabulous - it looks like a lot of fun! now maybe I can try it one day! :)

alice k. said...

Thanks so much Linda for taking the fear of digital atc's! You made it sound very simple and straightforward - have to try it one of these days!

Lisa Renéa said...

Linda, these atcs are great! glad your enjoying the digi stuff!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this with us!

I've always loved the concept of ATC's and now with being able to make them digitally?

Well, it's way cool! :-)

Love,

Jennelle