Sunday, October 7, 2007

My Love is LIke a Red, Red Rose - Flower Arch

Here's my flower arch. The caption with the picture is from a special song to my husband and I. We will celebrate our 25th anniversary this year. The words are:
"O my love is like a red, red rose,
That's newly spring in June:
O my love's like the melody
That's sweetly played in tune."
Later it goes, "And I will love you still, my dear, till all the seas run dry."

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Nice. Love this flowers and the little boy. Great work.

Anne said...

Oh Linda I love it!! What a gorgeous quote! Your image is perfect!

Barbara said...

Love the quote perfect. Cute little boy.

Angelina said...

Hi Linda, Just saw your post on my blog.. I'm going to visit the site and I will let you know! Love your Arch!! And congrats in advance for you anniversary! =)

Hermine said...

Beautiful!

Godelieve said...

So beautiful! Love the lyrics too.

Dymphie said...

Love the poem Linda! Gorgeous arch.

Anonymous said...

Great idea, love the laughing boy.

Anonymous said...

Very lovely!!
pat

K said...

very nice! love the boy collage image!

stamp and scrape said...

This is so soft and romantic. Congrats on the anniversary - a huge achievement.

Sija said...

Wonderful arch. Cute little boy.

Crissi Harvey said...

fab Arch and have a Happy Anniversary

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Great arch -- your quote and "little man" are perfect.

Cora said...

So sweet. I love all the roses! To answer your question from my blog. I got the charms from a local bead shop called Sugarbeads. They may have a website. I made the bracelet and put the photos in the frame chames. I added lots of diamond glaze to the photos to protect them.

Lisa Renéa said...

What a charming lil lad! Super arch! Love those flowers, the whole arch is just dreamy!

Tracy said...

lovely sweetie. i like that song

gaby braun said...

Tvitation to post a card for Nancy. I'll do it tomorrow!

Debbi Baker said...

Lovely arch!

emilia in Taiwan said...

wow!! congrats for 25th anniversary!

Heather Robinson said...

What a very lovely tribute to love....beautiful poem and simply gorgeous arch artwork.

Tami Bayer said...

Lovely arch with such a wonderful song quote.

Anonymous said...

It's a lovely boy, a sweet arch.

Babsarella said...

Most lovely!!! The image is so adorable!!

Gillian .... said...

love everything about this, gorgeous arch:)

Gillian said...

Wonderful!
you can't help but smile when you see that lovely little fella!
beautiful Arch!

Anonymous said...

Who couldn't love a beautiful arch with the poetry of Robbie Burns! :)
My Dad used to sing that as a song.
beautiful work - and Happy Anniversary!

Kerilou said...

Beautiful flowers!! Keri

carylsrealm said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love the image on this arch!